The 2013 American Icon Art Competition and Exhibition's theme is the American Flag. Submissions of paintings and photographs by artists of all skill levels are sought that celebrate and honor the Flag in the following categories:
The Jury retains the right to reject submissions that do not fit the guidelines or spirit of the Competition.
Deadline for Entry
Notification: Winning entrants will be notified. You will receive a confirmation email upon your submission and payment. Exhibition of all entrants will be August – Sept, 2013 during the Sausalito Art Festival at the adjacent, Bay Model.
Rules of Entry
- Applicant must be 16 years or older.
- Competition is open to both professionals and amateurs.
- The Sausalito Art Festival Foundation and American Icon Art Competition shall have the right to display accepted work and reproduce accepted work for educational and promotional purposes in both printed and electronic form.
- The Sausalito Art Festival Foundation has the sole right to refuse any submission that is deemed inappropriate.
- Each artist warrants that he or she has obtained all necessary releases from models and other subjects features in the works of art and any additional releases required with respect to names, trademarks, designs or works of art depicted in the submitted work of art and that the creation, display or distribution of the work of art will not violate any law.
- Each artist warrants that he or she alone created the submitted work of art or if there are collaborators, they are named. Submission of an entry to this competition implies acceptance of all stated conditions.
- Entries must be original works of art and not copies, derivatives or based in any way on other copy-righted or published works of art.
- Persons or families employed by or associated with the Sausalito Art Festival Foundation or the American Icon Art Competition or its sponsors are not eligible to submit entries into the contest.
Judging of each of the three categories, painting, photography and celebratory, will be conducted by nationally recognized, professional artists who work in the media they will be judging.
Judges will be asked to consider originality, sense of composition, creativity, technical skill, use of materials and light and overall impact on viewer.